"Matched" - THE BEGINNING O.O

Hey,
I know that's unlikely, but if there is actually anyone reading this who is not my teacher or someone from my class: please ignore this blog. There is nothing interesting here to find. Just some random stuff about a book we have to read for school and probably tons of sarcasm. Just leave... goodbye, stranger.

Now, for the others, who actually intended to be here: Welcome to my book-blog!
I decided to choose one of the books from the list our teacher kindly gave to us. It is called "Matched" and is written by ... (wait a second, I have to look that up) ... Ally Condie!

If I'm not mistaken we have to do this book report until the 1st of November .... I downloaded the book (I'm reading it on my ebook) about two hours ago. I'm earl
y as always. ^^
(by the way, I think downloading it wasn't a so-great idea. Somehow there are no "ll" 's in my version. means, words are written like: "al" instead of "all", "wel", "hel o", "she'l" and so on. Bit annoying but I'll have to live with it.)

Well I just finished reading the first chapter (and the first two sentences of the second, because I was curious), and I just wanted to let you know how it started.

"Matched" apperently takes place in the future. We already know, that in this future, once you turn seventeen you can be "matched" to someone, means the society chooses the perfect partner for you (I guess). The protagonist is Cassia Reyes, who will be matched exactly on her seventeenth birthday and is really excited about that. She goes to her matching ceremony together with her childhood friend Xander and her parents.
First there is a big meal and afterwards the teenagers there are getting matched, usually to someone they don't know, who could be anywhere around the world. When the girls are called out, the face of their match is shown on a screen and they receive information about their future match.
But when Cassia stands up and waits to be assigned, nothing happens.  The screen stays blank.
And since I already read the first two sentences of the next chapter, I know, that that means, that her match is in the same room.

It's pretty obvious that her match will be Xander. And then they lived happily ever after. Nope, just kidding. What would be the point of the story when she was happy? She probably friendzones Xander and wants someone else.

Thats's it for now. I'll write again after I've read a few more chapters.


Oh, and I am afraid that the title of this blog isn't exactly accurate. Up to now there are neither unicorns nor dragons in this book ..... that's sad, but maybe in the next chapter.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

"Crossed" - /ENDING!/ - Chapter 35-54

"Reached" - Towards a beautiful future :) - Chapter 52-63 (END!)

"Reached" - Plague, Love and Cassias Crafting-club :D - Chapter 10-18